Google Channel Sellout and Experience Manager, Chromebooks in Oslo, Norway
The Retail team focuses on Google-branded hardware across product categories. Our team is responsible for managing partnerships with our top retailers, including developing channel strategy, negotiating commercial terms, marketing and merchandising, and overall market share goals. We partner cross-functionally with marketing, product & engineering, finance and retail marketing teams internally, and with our retail counterparts across these disciplines.
The Go-to-Market team works cross-functionally to set the overall business strategy, ensure channel and partner launch readiness, and manage the quarterly and long-term business planning. Our team is responsible for executing on margin guidelines, and working with OEMs and retail partners to drive business of Chromebooks.
We drive decisions for the product line (Chromebooks) to define market opportunities, including device assortment and retail execution. Combining strategy, planning, and P&L; support, as well as day to day execution, we work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Finance, Sales and Supply Chain to develop the Chrome OS business.
You will be responsible for maximizing business through key retail channels (stores, call centers, online, other) and optimizing the last mile purchase experience for Google’s Chromebook portfolio. You will lead a large 3rd party vendor team to design and deliver channel business programs (e.g. compliance, training, incentives), work with Marketing, Product and Account teams to optimize the purchase experience and manage relationships with field and corporate retailer personnel.
The Hardware Partnerships team was formed with the purpose of bringing the best of Google’s software and hardware to our users by bringing to market and distributing a Google-branded hardware portfolio. The team is responsible for managing all partnerships with carriers, retailers and resellers worldwide. This includes the partnerships for products such as Pixel, Daydream View, Google Wifi, Chromecast Ultra and Google Home.
- Develop and build relationships with key retail stakeholders to influence the purchase experience in stores and online. Manage large 3rd party/vendor teams to drive retail business including 3rd party vendor selection, onboarding, contracting, budgeting and performance management.
- Implement and operationalize new field programs and field execution standards across training, merchandising, assisted promoting, mystery shopping, customer experience and product launches.
- Own targets and budgets with account teams and understand key levers that influence targets, investments and ROI and retailer/carrier engagement.
- Design and drive the Chromebooks purchase experience with cross-functional teams through fixtures, shelf compliance, training and rep representative recommendations to drive to brand goals.
- Develop mechanisms and processes to collect data from various sources and provide metrics and quality feedback to the business on key opportunities identified and recommendations for future business, marketing levers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Regional field sales experience in the carrier/consumer electronics retail space.
- Experience in vendor management.
- Comprehensive understanding of Retail (FCMG, Small Format and other New Formats).
- Proven expertise in store operations / channel management, NPI and Product management with progressively increasing responsibility.
- History of managing vendors including contract negotiations, sourcing and vendor performance management.
- Demonstrated experience in either retail business strategy or financial planning and execution - highly numerate and analytical eye for detail.
- Can work in a consultative manner influencing internal and external retailer/carrier partners.
- Industry background in technology, gaming, related in roles requiring leadership of field employees, people development and succession planning.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.