Cisco Software Engineer in Lysaker, Norway
Location: Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Collaboration, Video
Job Id 1226513
What you will do:
• Create great collaboration experiences by writing quality software on multiple platforms
• Be a key part of a high performing multi-functional scrum team. You will work closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management during our iterative development cycles, where product development is done from idea to finished article.
• Deploy your code and get fast feedback on usage and adoption from real customers
• Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues
Cisco Webex Devices have headquarters in Lysaker and London.
Our groups focus is on Team Collaboration and you will be working on making new tools for teams using web technology and Qt mainly on Webex Board. Our solution will provide the users with a workflow where they can create content and communicate real-time, as well as communicate before and after the meeting. To build these products we are dependent on close collaboration between different disciplines as hardware, industrial design, software and user experience.
Learn more about our Webex Board here; https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/collaboration-room-endpoints/index.html. We are also proud of our achievements on building award-winning products; https://blogs.cisco.com/news/cisco-spark-board-wins-best-of-the-best-red-dot-award
• Graduated with a Masters (Bachelors) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject such as Maths, Physics
• Experience developer in Qt, Web and/or C/C+• Passionate about product development
• Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies
• Experience with multiple programming languages
• Excellent academic record
• Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills
• Comfortable with working in teams
• Good English verbal and written skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
• Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.