Cisco Software Developer in Lysaker, Norway
Location: Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1225984
What You'll do
• Create great collaboration experience for our customers by developing software all the way from low level to user interface and graphics.
• Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional scrum team. You will work closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management during our iterative development cycles, where product development is done from idea to finished article.
• Deploy your code and get fast feedback on usage and adoption from real customers.
• Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools, while learning from your talented colleagues
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations including cloud, mobile, hardware, embedded, desktop and security spaces. At Lysaker, on the outskirts of Oslo, we have a team of 350 engineers who create breathtaking collaboration products using state-of-the-art technology in order to make it easier for people to connect. You will build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
• Graduated with a Master's (Bachelor's) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject such as Math, Physics
• 3-5 years (or more) experience from software development, primarily with C or C++, knowledge of QT and QML is a plus
• Have some experience with other programming and scripting languages
• Having an aptitude for learning new technologies
• Possess creative problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills
• Comfortable with working in teams
• Good English verbal and written skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.