Cisco Graduate Hardware Engineer (Full time) Norway in Lysaker, Norway
Graduate Hardware Engineer (Full time) Norway
Location: Lysaker, Akershus, Norway
Area of Interest Engineer - Hardware
Job Type New Graduate
Technology Interest Collaboration, Video
Job Id 1216301
Start Date: August 2018
Application deadline : Please note we review applications on an ongoing basis.
Location: Lysaker, Norway
Upon applying please attach your application/cover letter, CV and grade transcript
If you have any questions , please contact us on Why Cisco
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation innovations in cloud, mobile, hardware, embedded, desktop and security spaces. At Lysaker, on the outskirts of Oslo, we have a team of 350 engineers who create breath-taking collaboration products using bleeding edge technology in order to make it easier for people to connect. You will build products that connects people all over the world. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
At Lysaker we are developing our products from ground up. Together we span all product development disciplines. We have an opening for a fresh Graduate or someone who is early in career to join our team as a Hardware Design Engineer.
Cisco is a major player in the electronic industry. We work closely with suppliers and manufacturers all over the world to develop and manufacture our products in volumes.
What You Will Do
• Develop great collaboration products from early concept phases to final product
• Be a key part of a high performing cross-functional team. You will work closely with other developers, testers, designers and product management during our iterative development cycles, where product development is done from idea to mass production.
• Work with world-class suppliers and manufacturing
• Electronic circuit and system design
• PCB and system verification and testing
• Quick prototyping from concepts to idea
What you need to be eligible
• In your final year of study or recently graduated from a Masters (Bachelors) in Electrical Engineering or a related subject such as Cybernetics, Physics or Computer Science.
• Passionate about product development and electronics.
• Solid understanding of hardware design and embedded computing.
• Knowledge of software development, FPGA, signal processing, audio and video.
• Knowledge of designing and prototyping of PCBs.
• Excellent academic record.
• Possess creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Comfortable with working in teams.
• Good English verbal and written skills.
What We Offer You
• Competitive salary package with pension and insurances
• Room to play: At Cisco, you’ll be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it’s better to try and fail than not try at all.
• A world of opportunities: Personalized learning, mentoring, stretch assignments and world-class career growth programs
• We believe flexibility in the workplace is important to make sure you have a good work-life balance
• Culture of recognition: From praise to promotions, bonuses, incentives, patent programs and innovation challenges, recognition and gratitude is part of everyday work life at Cisco
• A value-driven culture: Cisco was ranked one of Norway’s 5 best companies to work for in Great Place to Work in 2015
• Design-awarded office: Our innovation centre is located at Lysaker, Oslo, with easy access by public transport. We have the largest in-house design community in Norway and have won prestigious design awards like iF Gold and Red Dot Best of the Best.
Bring your personality to work
We believe that changing the future requires more than just a special ability. Playing and thinking outside the box is an essential part of what we do, meaning your mindset and personality are just as important as your skills. Collaboration, innovation and creativity are more than buzzwords for us. They’re strengths we look for in every employee.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.