Kongsberg Automotive Mechanical Designer / Senior Mechanical Designer (Project Engineers) in Kongsberg, Norway
Do you want to improve tomorrow’s vehicles? We are looking for mechanical designers/project engineers for our R&D; department in Kongsberg.
Kongsberg Automotive is looking for a competent, technically interested and enthusiastic individuals wanting to participate in the development of products for vehicles of the future. We offer a world-class R&D; function and work environment with focus on innovation, teamwork and efficient production and development processes.
Our customers – the world leading transmission manufacturers are developing their next generation transmissions in order to meet the future global environmental and OEM requirements. We work closely with them to provide products needed to operate their transmissions, and this has led to a need for increased capacity within R&D.; For this, we need personnel for the following positions: Mechanical Designers / Senior Mechanical Designers (Project Engineers)
You will be a part of the development group with the responsibility for mechanical design of pneumatic and electric actuation products for future truck transmission systems. Based on your skills, the responsibilities can vary from sub-system responsibility to a higher level responsibility for a complete product. Our designers are generally following the products all the way from the early concept sketches to a finished product.
- Mechanical design in SolidWorks
- Calculations and analysis incl. simplified FEAs
- Creation of production documentation incl. 2D drawings with high requirements to careful definitions of tolerances and other product requirements
- Close cooperation with purchasing to support the choice of suppliers
- Close cooperation with suppliers and our own production sites to optimize design for quality and cost
- Customer cooperation to secure timing, interfaces and functionality and represent the company in a professional way
- Support the test department for prototype building, test execution and validation, where you also will take part in practical work
- Contribute to systematic knowledge building (“Knowledge Based Development”)
- Additional for Senior Mechanical Designer: Efficiently create new concepts of actuation solutions that are highly integrated into the next generation transmissions, and discuss and converge to the right solutions in close cooperation with our customers
- Mechanical engineer at B.Sc/M.Sc level
- Experience from mechanical design, materials and basic FEA
- Experience with analytic calculations and/or model based design work methods
- Experience in utilization of 3D CAD tool(s) (preferably SolidWorks) for efficient and accurate creation of 3D models as well as 2D drawings with conventional and geometrical tolerances
- Practical insight and interest – preferably from cars and/or other vehicles
- Good English and Scandinavian language skills – both written and spoken (German is also of interest)
- Additional for Senior Mechanical Designer: Experience in early concept creation of 3D models within CAD tool, and capability to adjust concepts based on feedback from customers and own personnel
- Systematic, analytical and ability to work independent
- Cooperative, and a good team worker
- Ability to take initiatives and bring things through
- Good communication skills across different cultures
Closing date for applications is 06. August 2017.
For more information about the role and what we are looking for, please contact Manager R&D; AMT Clutch Actuation; Steffen Johnsen at +47 – 916 23 311 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 06/08/2017
Expected Start Date: asap
Contacts: Steffen Johnsen Mobile: +47 91623311